May 17, 2023
October 7, 2018
"Its not wether you get knocked down"
If you could be anyone you wanted to be, who would you be? How exciting is it to think that you could start a new chapter in your life in a whole new world? Without the limitations of the physical world and human constructs that have been created around you?
Well that’s where the Metaverse comes in. There are whole new worlds being created out there that will remove the physical limitations of life and allow you to chase your dreams and be who you want to be.
Sounds pretty exciting right? Let’s dig in a little more to understand what this might look like.
SO, WHAT IS THE METAVERSE?
Simply put, the Metaverse is the convergence of all the digital things you do online into one virtual experience.
In a sense, it already exists. We sit on Zoom calls, research on the web, talk on social media, buy things on Amazon, watch streaming events and online video, and play games. The Metaverse is already here.
But think of tying all of it together and removing some of the limitations that still exist in your physical life when you access the web.
But how is this all of the sudden now possible?
Don’t you just hate it when you concept and execute a digital design project and when it’s finished, it either wasn’t what you intended because it went through so many changes, or at the end you look at the budget and say how did we go so far out of scope?
IN 2018 DESIGN PROTOTYPES ARE ESSENTIAL FOR APPS
In 2018, and yes it is 2018, creating design prototypes is an essential step in the UI and UX design process. Essential for our website and mobile app executions to ensure accuracy, usability, functionality and for keeping your sanity...
At Karsh Hagan, we stay up-to-date on the ever changing world of technology in the design space, and use tools like InVision, Sketch, Zepplin, Flinto, Principle, and more. We are continually iterating our UX and UI design, using these tools to create prototypes that ensure the following.
- Eliminate the guesswork How does it look? How does it function? Where does it take me? What does it do? How do I know what it does? How does it animate? With a prototype, we know- we don’t guess, we test.
- Ensure better communication Encourage collaboration between internal and external team members, clients, and vendors.
- Increase efficiency Use best practices throughout a project to ensure on time, on budget, and maintain the highest quality.
We use InVision prototypes for clients such as Aspen Snowmass, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, and Arrow Electronics to name a few. Our prototype process has been imperative to delivering website and mobile app experiences that perform at the highest level for our clients and their users, while the final product is completed on time and under budget.
WHY NOT USE PROTOTYPES THROUGHOUT THE AGENCY BUSINESS?
Since these tools have revolutionized how we design apps, we thought, why not apply this thinking to other parts of our creative executions within the agency. It doesn’t make sense to design, present, and evaluate a digital product on a printed page. Maybe 10 years ago it did, but not in 2018.
So, we began using InVision as a way to present, communicate, collaborate, evaluate, test, and deliver our digital and rich media ads as well as social media in their intended form.
SO WE MADE IT HAPPEN, AND WE’RE SEEING SUCCESS
By sticking to a goal, simplifying our executions, and presenting them in working, interactive InVision prototypes, we’ve seen a dramatic improvement in how quickly our clients can move through the approval process, and how effective the ads are for the end users.
Across the board, we’re seeing successes in the Creative teams, Project/Account Management teams and how these creations are being developed.
- Production times have been reduced- frequently cut in half.
- Communication between creative, account, development, and clients has increased, which yield a stronger performing product.
- Creatives can craft their ideas to be more evocative from the beginning and make the time for feedback and adjustments along the way.
- Digital media teams can recommend more effective solutions for clients, with data to back it up.
- Clients are able to see and experience ad prototypes as close as intended- on screen with rough cut animations.
ELEVATING OUR EFFICIENCIES AND BENEFITING OUR CLIENTS
By using innovative tools like InVision, we are elevating our processes, and in turn, benefitting our clients. We’ve enhanced our creative solutions with transparent communication and collaboration methods that save time and money. Check out InVision.
If you want to talk prototypes or digital design then give us a shout and let us know your thoughts.