Senior Account Manager
Account Service Department
Karsh Hagan is about solving real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
The Senior Account Manager position begins the transition into strategic planning within the Account Management department. This position manages multiple relationships with the clients, and sets expectations for project delivery. Additionally, a Senior Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships across agency departments. The Senior Account Manager should interact with clients and internal partners as both an effective project manager and strategic partner who helps clarify and develop project objectives, identify challenges, and guides the creation of strategies and metrics for success. This person will be responsible for both leading projects, and acting as day-to-day support on larger strategic projects.
The successful candidate will also ensure that relevant information across groups (client-side, Technology, Creative, Media) is communicated and translated into specific actions. The Senior Account Manager should demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to the direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and the client as necessary. Senior Account Managers must identify opportunities for incremental growth. They should have a get-it-done mentality because a key component of this role is translating strategy to execution and being ultra-responsive. Working directly with the Supervisor or Account Director, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery. Financial responsibilities include tracking billing and expenses for the jobs and accounts managed.
- Ensuring operational excellence on the accounts managed.
- Maintains and grows knowledge of clients’ business and industry.
- Keeps team apprised of competitive activity.
- Directs team relative to clients’ business goals and objectives to inform projects.
- Focus is on client projects or brand, directing execution of projects
- Day-to-day client contact
- Directs team in execution of project deliverables
- Proactive thought leadership around areas of interest and new opportunities
- Participates in key client meetings.
- Financial management responsibilities include writing and reviewing SOWs, billing for client(s) managed, review monthly billing spreadsheets with clients
- Status meetings
- Brand/Project briefings
- Agency day meetings
- Presentations of Karsh Hagan work
- Regularly meets with and informs Supervisor and/or Director on status of projects.
- Is able to work effectively with a variety of internal disciplines and business groups, including Account Management, Technology, Creative and Media teams.
- Detail-oriented, a strong communicator and an effective presenter with skills necessary to develop effective presentations.
- Team player with strong intrapersonal and organizational skills.
- Is able to think and operate with strategic orientation in addition to task/project management.
- Has detailed knowledge of the digital industry, emerging trends and innovation.
- Is able to lead cross-functional teams.
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Familiarity with ecommerce and online advertising is a plus.
- Is able to help mentor and support career development of team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Four to seven years of agency and/or client-side experience managing medium/large-scale marketing projects.
- Interactive marketing experience is a plus.
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Karsh Hagan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.