Junior Project Manager
Project Managment Department
As Karsh Hagan’s Junior Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Project Management, creating project plans, monitoring project progress and reporting project results.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Project Management, you will develop concrete, detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, the budget, outlining the duties of each team member, identifying project goals and setting a timeline for the project. You will collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to the project owners before starting the project.
As Junior Project Manager, you will be expected to closely monitor each project you manage to ensure that all projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay within budget and develop according to plan. You are responsible not only for identifying project objectives but ensuring that they’re met.
To be successful in this role, you should have knowledge of the best practices for project management, superb organizational skills and keen attention to detail. Junior Project Managers are able to communicate clearly and concisely with diverse audiences, in both oral and written contexts, and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback. Individuals with extremely high standards and a low threshold for errors and inefficient processes are ideal candidates for this position.
- Collaborate with the Director of Project Management to organize, create, and maintain the following: Proposals & SOW’s, Timelines, Project Plans & Gantt Charts, Requirements, Presentations, Various Project Trackers, Design Assets, and other Client/Leadership facing deliverables.
- Depending on the project or client, the Junior Project Manager will support client relationship management – meeting schedules, status reporting, deliverable approval, and budgets.
- Work with the Director of Project Management, and the Account Service and Creative & Interactive departments, for project resource allocation and assignment.
- Learn Karsh Hagan processes and become familiar with agency documentation.
- Open jobs and support teams in accurate time tracking.
- Traffic projects through the internal production studio, including opening Trello cards, populating cards with correct and complete information, and managing internal routing and approvals.
- Proofread materials prior to sharing with internal teams
- Manage spec and deadlines sheet for project deliverables to ensure timely delivery of materials to pubs.
- Coordinate and attend project stand-ups, status reviews and planning sessions with internal / external teams & vendors.
- Responsible for the flow of information from the project owner to the team regarding the project.
- Contribute feedback and ideas for process improvement.
- Adapt to the unexpected needs that may arise on a project, working with the team to develop solutions.
- Have 1-2 years of project management experience in areas including but not limited to website and/or software development and print and digital asset production at an advertising agency.
- Have 1 -2 years of experience using Jira / Trello, Slack, G-suite, and Workamajig/Webvantage/Workfront, or like platforms.
- Previous experience working with content management platforms (ex. WordPress, Drupal, Kentico, etc.) in structuring and delivering content to websites and web applications.
- Experience with case management software (ex. Salesforce, ZenDesk, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous experience synthesizing project discovery insights into requirements for development and testing is a plus.
- Prior use of analytics and business intelligence tools (ex. Google Analytics, Salesforce Reporting, etc.) to report on process and impact is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially in support of working remotely with team members and clients.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems related to projects.
- Excellence in gathering help needed in developing a working project management plan.
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and interdependent on the team.
- An ability to remain calm while balancing competing priorities, and a willingness to ask for help when support is needed.
- A genuine curiosity to learn, ask questions, and identify opportunities to improve.
- A basic understanding of, and experience with, agile and waterfall methodologies.
- A basic understanding of, and experience with, the print production process.
- Agency experience is a plus
- Most of all, must have a strong desire to want to learn agency project management!
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Karsh Hagan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.