As a purpose-driven agency, Karsh Hagan is about solving real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people’s lives.
The Account Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a close relationship with senior-level client contacts, establishing Karsh Hagan as leaders on the business, helping to achieve clients’ marketing objectives, and managing income results for the agency.
The Account Director must be energetic and an active proponent of all client partnerships within the agency and participate in and lead any external cross-functional teams. Leadership is rooted in strategic partnership with a focus on absolute understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks, and strategies). They are the core contact for all partner relationships and day-to-day client activities and must be able to articulate the vision and value of all agency attributes and points of differentiation. They are responsible for the core growth and development of their account team, including goal-setting performance evaluations. Account Directors are responsible for financial management and oversight of every client / account. This is a ‘working’ director position.
- Serves as the senior point of contact for both the client and the internal agency team
- Manages the client relationship, including engaging with senior clients
- Advises clients and develops ideas and solutions that achieve business goals
- Sets overarching strategic direction for accounts, in collaboration with Client and Karsh Hagan teams
- Ensures strategic alignment and facilitates integration with all marketing partners: client internal teams, Karsh Hagan, other partners/vendors
- Possesses/develops a deep understanding of the client’s business, their products/services and their audiences/customers
- Stays informed on trends and market intelligence relating to relevant industries, marketing, media and technology, and competitors
- Understands and articulates business, marketing and communication objectives and develops strategies and plans to achieve them
- Champions and protects the client’s brand and positioning
- Translates client assignments into meaningful, actionable, and inspiring briefs for the creative and media teams
- Evaluates creative work to ensure it aligns with the approved strategy and client expectations
- Ability to extend the brand. Platform to content targeting multiple audiences across multi-media channels
- Able to lead and grow multiple clients
- Generates revenue targets, including up-selling and cross-selling services within the client business, and proactively thinking about new opportunities withing the client organization
- Leads and manages a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, interactive and experiential projects
- Contributes to setting and measuring key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Seeks and identifies new opportunities for clients in the area of: Programs, Partnerships, Product development and innovation, and Monetization and budget extension
- Involved in delivering impactful presentations and pitches
- Initiates and maintains Agency-Client budget management processes
- Contributes to new business pitches and other agency initiatives, as needed
- This role is based in Denver and will be a hybrid in-person and remote work environment
- Previous experience in an advertising agency account service
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- 7 – 10 years of experience in the Advertising Industry
- Proven track record for results, ROI and business impact
- Committed to building strategic plans, partnerships and outcomes
- Deep understanding of brand marketing and communications planning and execution
- Ability to lead and integrate internal and external teams
- Dedicated to client service and nurturing the Client-Agency relationship
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Persuasive presenter and leader
- Ability to manage Agency account services team to ensure work standards, budgets and deadlines are met
- Leads and partners with Agency project management, creative, media, technology and analytics teams to deliver cohesive, strategic and effective presentations
- Forward-thinking with ability to strategically plan and schedule well in advance of implementation
- Understanding of and ability to adapt to the evolving digital, social and content marketing landscape
- Strong people management and coaching skills to provide clear creative direction and to motivate and inspire teams
- Expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including providing clear creative direction, giving timely and helpful coaching to improve creative and producing work cost-effectively and on schedule
- Resourceful, proactive, and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Fiscally responsible and a disciplined steward of budgets
- Provides mentoring to young staff members
- Dedicated to constant improvement
- Inspires peers, teams and partners
- Elevates what’s possible for the organization
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $105,000
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness program stipend
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- & More!
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Karsh Hagan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.