Reading stats on the role of video in digital marketing is like reading those magic diet pill clickbait banner ads. Amplify sharing with this one simple trick! Longer time on site! More organic traffic! Increase customer response! Reduce your opt-out rate!
But, it’s not just hype.
Seeing success with video is by no means a new trend, but every year the numbers get stronger. Across many audiences, study after study shows how video–when done right, with your audience central to its creation–is a legit magic pill of marketing, taking successful KPIs to new levels.
Here’s a glimpse of the video landscape:
- Video will be 55% of all Internet traffic by 2016. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Retention rate for visual information can reach 65% vs. 10% for text-based information. (Social Media Today, “Internet Marketing Trends and Tactics for 2014”)
- 51% of worldwide marketing professionals surveyed cite video having the best ROI of any content marketing tactic (CopyPress, “2013 State of Content Marketing Study”)
- The purchase intent of US Internet users who watched digital video ads is as high as 64% on smartphones. (YuMe, “Pursuit of Attention” 2014)
- Of marketers who use video in email marketing, 55% report a higher click-through rate, 41% saw an increase in shares/forwards and 24% report increased conversion rates. (The Relevancy Group, “The ROI of Video in Email Marketing” 2013)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average, and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. (comScore, 2010)
- Videos account for 86% of the type of online content created by US Brand and Agency Marketers. (Outbrain, “The State of Content Marketing 2012”)
Does taking on the creation of meaningful, effective video sound daunting? It doesn’t have to be. Things such as Vines, 70-video libraries, breathtaking ads, CGI and animation, all help bring content to life that’s relevant to the needs of the audience.
Take your conversation with your customers to the next level and crush your KPI.