FALL 2019 Intern Program
Media, Account Service, Art Direction, Copywriting, PR/New Biz, and UX Design Department
Karsh Hagan is an agency full of people who elevate what's possible, and who are excited to pass on their skills to would-be advertisers.
The Adsmiths Intern Program aims to grant real-world agency training and does so by offering a truly dynamic, collaborative and educational 3 month experience. They essentially become a 'mini-agency' by being given the opportunity to 'own' their own client. Interns aren’t so much interns as they are apprentices. Our interns walk away with priceless connections and a great resume builder.
- 13 week term
- Application Deadline: Friday, August 9th, 2019
- Start Date: September 16th, 2019
- End Date: December 13th, 2019
- Requires a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Unpaid, but not un-loved. Course credit available
Those in Account Service have a natural talent for leadership and management as the liaison between the clients and the creative team. You pump-up your team for the next project and make sure they hit every deadline. If you are a self-starter, go-getter, home run-hitter—this position is for you.
- Ability to lead/manage a team, detail oriented, good communicator
- Background in marketing, advertising, public relations, business or communication
Our Art Directors/Designers take the lead in creativity. You’re a visual problem solver and an image-centric think tank. If you pride yourself in developing inspiring narratives and bringing them to life, then this is your calling.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is required)
- Aesthetic eye for creative work
Copywriters find the narrative behind every product or brand and give it an engaging voice. If you want to create hard-hitting headlines and charming copy, come to KH to sharpen your talents.
- Strong creative writing, proofing, and editing skills
- Background in English, journalism, creative writing, communication, marketing or advertising
Media & Analytics
Media planners make all of the creative work as effective as possible. You want to know how to make the digital world work for you and your clients. For you, someone’s word isn’t enough—you need to see the numbers. Come find your calling.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (emphasis in Microsoft Xcel)
- Outstanding attention to detail and curious about Digital Marketing and Search Engine Marketing
- Experience in analytics is preferred, but not required
New Business and communication is the lifeblood of any agency. In tandem with our long-standing relationships with clients, it is always necessary to reach further and endeavor to outreach and gain new partnerships that collide with our purpose. Research, consumer insights, strategy, agency communications and PR outreach are the fundamentals for this position.
- Public relations and media relations experience, Google Apps
- HubSpot, Keynote, InDesign a plus
A UX Designer’s role is to create useful, usable and compelling digital experiences for users of a product, drawing insights from user research and workflow analysis. UX designers need to possess strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. If you like solving complex problems using technology and design, then this is the internship for you!
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience with concept sketching, wireframing, and prototyping (Invisionapp)
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
It is the policy of Karsh Hagan not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.