Broadcast Media Coordinator
Immediate opening. As an entry-level member of the Media Department, under the supervision of the Broadcast Manager, our ideal candidate will assist and support the Broadcast Manager in the following areas:
Negotiating with advertising sales representatives to acquire the best, most cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space, sponsorships, and comprehensive packages on behalf of our clients. A buyer must understand our clients' needs and goals and research what media are available in the markets afforded by a client's budget and appropriate for their audience(s).
Using market research information, such as demographics, media usage, ratings and the type of content in a given vehicle, the Broadcast Coordinator will assist in developing the best possible broadcast buys for any given advertising campaign. The best candidate will be capable of forming and maintaining good relationships with advertising sales agents to obtain the best prices and values for advertisement placements, campaigns, or media bundles. The Broadcast Coordinator will also monitor the purchased media to make sure the advertisements appear as planned, and they credit or bill clients as necessary to settle accounts.
Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to your success.
- Keeping the media broadcast contacts updated across all platforms
- Developing Radio County Coverage recommendations
- Researching and placing unmeasured radio buys
- Assist with spot market buys – TV, Cable, Radio
- Assist with invoice reconciliation
- Maintain client broadcast budgets
- New business/market research
- Pulling ageing reports regularly and tracking down invoices
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Strong Math & Excel skills
- Power Point or Keynote experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Proactive multitasking
- Request assistance as needed
- Some level (0-1 years) of recent, relevant experience in advertising or traditional broadcast buying
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Software knowledge of STRATA, SQAD, Advantage
Karsh Hagan is a fully integrated advertising and branding agency in Denver with a rich 42-year history and exciting roster of clients. We’re best known for award-winning work with a strong strategic backbone and a commitment to results. We offer a great benefits package, which includes 401(k), health/dental/vision insurance, long- and short-term disability and life insurance for full-time employees (30+ hours). We will consider full-time or part-time applicants ranging 25-40 hours weekly with a flexible schedule. Salary and benefits package depends on experience and desired schedule.
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
It is the policy of Karsh Hagan not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.